To be a leader in propelling sustainable agricultural development in Barbados.
To facilitate agricultural development through the sustainable utilisation of natural resources by:
- Promoting the application of good agricultural practices.
- Promoting food and nutrition security.
- Adopting climate smart agricultural practices and facilitating climate change research.
- Promoting agricultural health and food safety.
- Facilitating agri-business industries through the provision of farmer and agricultural support services and policies.
- Fostering knowledge creation and sharing.
- Establishing partnerships and collaboration with local, regional and international institutions.
- Facilitating farmer focused, solution driven research.